German authorities are turning visitors back at the airports amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Angela Merkel has urged Germans to rise to the challenge of a lifetime in helping to curb the outbreak.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel says the coronavirus pandemic is the greatest challenge in decades.
- Merkel asks Germans to take the pandemic ‘seriously’, not to believe rumors.
- More than 1,300 people have been infected by the virus in Germany, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- US President Donald Trump is to activate a defense law that lets the government boost production of masks and respirators.
- The Eurovision Song Contest has been canceled, becoming the latest in a string of events to be called off.